Monday, February 2, 2009

Purple Dress Happiness

Last week was wonderful.  The competition went well (we took second place!) and for the rest of the week, I just caught up on school reading and relaxed... On Friday, I decided to go shopping!

This photo of our very stylish First Lady was my inspiration:

I love the color, shape, and slightly satiny fabric.  Much to my delight, as soon as I went into H&M, I saw a dress that looked just like it!  And it was on sale!  Trying not to get my hopes up in case it didn't fit, I went to put it on, and it fit like a glove.  Hooray!  The only difference from Michelle Obama's dress is that mine has a matching purple, thick belt around the waist rather than a black one.  When I got home, I modeled it for Todd, and he thought it was perfect for the rehearsal dinner!

So, satisfied with my purchase at H&M, I continued to browse in some other shops and I went into Zara.  Now, the thing with Zara is that usually the dresses cost about $300.  So I was just looking, and I saw a dress very similar to this:
And, again, it was on sale!  So I tried it on, and, wonder of wonders, again the dress fit perfectly!  So I snatched it up too.  And now I've got the ideal dress for changing into after our wedding reception for when we go to the park to watch the fireworks.  It's light, airy, and comfortable, and I love it!

Never have I found two great dresses, one in a normally pricey store, in less than an hour... 
It was a great way to kick off the weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome finds! :)