Thursday, January 22, 2009

CRAZY couple of weeks!

But, some of the good things to come out of them:

We found our wedding officiant.  She's kooky, her whole family can officiate at weddings, and her office is on a boat in Laguna Beach.  We're meeting her in a couple of weeks when we go down for our menu tasting - I can't wait!

I was hired as a research assistant for the Judicial Council of California (a branch of the Administrative Office of the Courts) to work on a criminal sentencing project.  It was great to be chosen for the job by two of my professors, since all of the other researchers are recent law school graduates.  Plus, it pays pretty decently, and I can put the money towards summer cost-of-living if I don't end up getting a paid summer position.

I'm finally off-book for the Stanford trial competition this weekend.  So, at 6:15 am Saturday morning, we will drive to Palo Alto and, in the course of two days, put on four trials!  

On a delicious note, Todd and I made homemade waffles the other night.  They were great!

Now, if 8 hours of sleep per night were a realistic goal, THAT would be something.

No comments: