Friday, February 20, 2009

Updated Updos

Here are some more realistic (and still gorgeous!) styles for girls without curls.  These inspiration photos are why I'll be yet another "updo bride" - I can actually imagine my hair able to stay in these styles for more than an hour.  And they'll all be much cooler than a down hairstyle in the hot July-in-Southern-California sun!

I love the contrived "loseness" of this style.  It looks slightly messy, soft, and romantic.  I like it much better than the sleek untouchable helmets that some updos resemble!

This updo is simple yet sophisticated, and offers a great opportunity to showcase the dangling pearl earrings Todd bought me:
There is a beauty and grace that is very Jane Austen-ish about the way thin sections are pulled back, twisted, and incorporated into this updo.  It looks classic and sweet.
While not exactly an updo, I included this hairstyle because I think the braid looks gorgeous, and this style would easily accommodate a quite large veil headpiece, like the one my Aunt has generously allowed me to borrow!
This also is not a "true" updo - it's kind of a French twist ponytail.  I love the mix of informality and elegance, and the volume that's given to the hair on top.  Also, this hairstyle really allows the face to stand out:
I'm leaning towards #3 or #5.  They're very different, but both "me."  Maybe when I finally get around to doing the hair trial, I'll ask to see each of them, and decide at that point... or maybe it's time to experiment on my own!

Which hairstyle do you like best?

2 comments:

CW said...

My vote is for #3!!

The idea of incorporating a braid intrigues me, too, though.

Suzi said...

Number 3 is gorgeous and interesting and I think it would work really well with your hair.

The one with the braid and the curls.. well, I'd like that for myself, maybe! :P (but only if you didn't mind!)

PS, where did you find those pictures? I'm not having much luck finding photos of good hairstyles...