Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ooh La La!

Lately, my dreams have been filled with images of this:

The lights, the swirling leaves (well, maybe not so much in August), the cobbled streets, the bridges over the Seine, the street artists and cafes and croissants and art museums and churches and long days of wandering about just enjoying an exciting, foreign place with each other.  Now, don't get me wrong: I'm looking forward to our wedding.  Immensely.  But that doesn't mean I can't daydream about our honeymoon, too!

And Todd's been daydreaming as well.  Look what he received in the mail last week:

I won't have a monopoly on asking French people for directions anymore!  Soon, Todd will be telling me that I should be using the subjunctive instead of the conditional.  But really, this little language program for our Nintendo DS will be a great way to learn more French and brush up on some basic phrases over the next few months...

And I love that Disney's Pixar film, Ratatouille, introduced kids to the gorgeous panorama that is Paris.  While we won't actually be able to go to Gusteau's while we're there...


We will be having a special vegetarian dish at our wedding that will pay homage to our honeymoon and Disney and the fact that vegetarians deserve fare more exciting than baked ziti: we'll be serving ratatouille!

Here's a link to a ratatouille recipe, in case you're curious:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Ratatouille

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds so yummy!

I miss Paris...

Suzi said...

TOO CUTE!!! I love that idea. Disney and France and vegetarianism all in one dish. It's perfect!