Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Daisy Fever

I've blogged before about how my wedding dress is quite unusual because on the top layer of its tulle skirt, there are thousands of white opaque daisies.  Well, a couple of months ago, when we went to Disneyland for our first planning meeting, I had a brain wave: why not incorporate daisies into many more aspects of the wedding?!  And when I began looking for inspiration, I discovered a plethora of ideas (the first three are from Martha Stewart Weddings).

A gorgeous daisy wreath, perfect for adorning the entrance of a quaint New England church.  Now, where can I put one of these in a rose garden? :-)

For the cocktail hour: hors d'oeuvres toothpicks with small paper daisies affixed to them.  It looks like the finger foods are blooming!
A beautiful yellow fondant-covered cake adorned with hundreds of sugar-paste daisies.  I love how they seem to be cascading over the cake's layers... but this design isn't exactly receptive to a prominent cake topper.
A beautiful bridal bouquet made with yellow roses, greenery, and daisies.  Simple, with a kind of country elegance.  I love it!

No comments: