Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wedding Nightmare

Last night, I had my first bonafide wedding nightmare.  It was awful while it was happening but when I woke up and started explaining it to Todd, I kept bursting out laughing!

It went like this:

We decided to have a tropical destination wedding instead of a Disney wedding and so the dream began with us taking a tour around the island with our families on the morning of the wedding.  But we all got so involved in seeing the sights that when we checked the time, there was only an hour until the ceremony was to begin at the hotel!

So we raced back and I said goodbye to Todd and went to change into my gown with my mom. For some reason, mom and I decided to turn on the TV in the bride's dressing room.  And before I could start to put my dress on, an episode of 'Law and Order' came on, and we both became so engrossed in it that we didn't stop watching until it was over!  Suddenly the phone rang and it was Todd asking "Where are you? The ceremony was supposed to begin half an hour ago!"  So mom helped me dress extremely quickly and we ran down to the covered area on the beach where the wedding was to take place.

When we got down there, I felt so rushed that I just immediately began walking down the aisle.  And then I noticed two things: that I wasn't wearing shoes, and that none of the members of the bridal party had walked down the aisle yet!  So I sheepishly continued walking and I heard some very loud, crashing music.  I looked up to the altar where Todd was standing and behind him, there was a huge drum set and a long-haired guy pounding out a drum solo.  This wasn't what I'd imagined as the 'processional'... When I got to the altar, I realized that our officiant was nowhere to be seen.  Before I could say anything, Todd leaned over and whispered "The cellist and the officiant both dropped out... but don't worry, the drummer can also perform the ceremony!"

And when he said those words, I began to cry.  All the guests, seeing my tears, thought they were out of happiness.  But all I could think was "The drummer?!"

Then I woke up :-)

While explaining the dream to Todd, I was cracking up at the final bit... I was laughing so hard I was crying.  It seemed really funny in retrospect!

No comments: