Tuesday, November 4, 2008

New York Wedding Weekend! - Wedding Bands

The second thing we did while in New Jersey this weekend was visit the Image Gallery to pick out our wedding bands.  I, of course, just showed Shimon (the wonderfully talented jeweler whom Todd's family has worked with for years) a picture of the Tiffany Etoile wedding band.  He told me that he could make it easily, measured my ring finger, and then cleaned my engagement ring so that it sparkled even more brightly.  

Then, it was time for Todd to choose his wedding band.  At first, he thought he wanted a traditional yellow gold band.  However, after trying on white gold, palladium, yellow gold, and titanium bands, he decided that what suited him best was a titanium ring much like the one below (except with a brushed - or matte - finish in the middle).  

And looking at the various rings on Todd's hand, I had to agree.  He wanted a contemporary ring that wouldn't nick or damage easily, and that fit with his style, and the titanium ring fit all three of those requirements.  I love his choice but feel slightly guilty because of the fact that my rings are quite a bit more pricey.  But we're both happy with our rings, and that's what counts.

A close approximation of Todd's wedding band: 

Ah, the Etoile... I'm glad it'll be in New Jersey until the wedding.  Otherwise, I'd be tempted to wear it daily as soon as it arrived!

1 comment:

Suzi said...

Aww both rings are beautiful! We have our wedding bands locked in our safe in our aparmtent, but I know what you mean about wanting to wear it! We both can't wait to wear them. When we put James' ring in the safe after I bought it, I had him take mine out (he bought it months earlier) so I could put it on for a little. Hee hee!!