Thursday, November 20, 2008

Oh, the things we do for love...

This is a BIG SECRET from Todd, but since he never reads this blog, I have little to fear from writing about it here.

Yesterday, in between the final revisions of my (now 42-page) paper on California's juvenile justice system (turned in today, triumphantly, to Professor Bloch), I was looking at the fabulous selection of garter sets on Etsy when I found this one:

Now, being a loyal UCLA alumna, normally it would be anathema to wear anything even vaguely referencing the merits of USC football.  However.  When I saw this set, I thought about how Todd's face would light up when he saw the garters.  I imagined how happy he'd be.  And so I decided that his expressions of delight far outweigh the minor traitorous activity of wearing USC-emblazoned whozeewhatsits...

And, I have to say, the set IS pretty snazzy.  Especially the pouf of marabou on the "keepsake" (top) one.   Am I being mildly sarcastic? Perhaps.  But garters are just a bit of fun anyway, and I'm happy that mine get to incorporate something that Todd holds near and dear to his heart.

Coincidentally, Todd and I, his parents, and his sister and her husband, are all going to the USC-Notre Dame football game next Saturday!  I can't wait to see everyone :-) And I also hope that Traveler manages to make several appearances...

No comments: