Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Bridesmaids' Packets

A few weeks ago, I sent each of my bridesmaids - my matron of honor, Chrissie; Todd's sister, Bree; my stepsister, Flora; and my cousins, Taylor and Hayley - a packet to give them some ideas about the kind of attire I'd like them to wear for the wedding.

For some reason, bridesmaids dresses always seem to be a sensitive point - and one of great contention - so I wanted to make the process as simple and affordable as possible for my 'maids.

Basically, I have only two requirements for their attire: that they wear 1) dresses that are 2) navy blue.  That's it!  The dresses can be any length (although the wedding will be in mid-morning at the end of July in SoCal so I'm sure most of the girls will choose shorter lengths...), and the bridesmaids can wear any shoes and accessories they want.

In the packets, I included:

A letter with an attached swatch of the deep blue navy silk I used to create the ring bearer's pillow.



A print-out from Polyvore of several cute navy blue dresses - in every price range - to give the girls an idea of what's out there.  The notecards I used depicted paintings by Marc Chagall, including one featuring a bride and groom :-)

And a hanger (in Vera Bradley's "mod floral blue") so that when the girls purchase their dresses, they'll have something pretty to put them on!
I also have another of these hangers - in the same pattern - to hang my dress on when it's finished being altered, and on the day of the wedding.

Hope the girls liked their little packets!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I am sure they will--they are adorable!!