Friday, May 2, 2008

Ring Pillow project



There seem to be two schools of thought when it comes to weddings: 

1) those couples who hire a full service wedding planner to handle everything - down to the last detail - based on the couple's generalized input

2) those couples who go DIY crazy, making absolutely every aspect of the wedding from scratch, sometimes also relying on the creative abilities of families and friends to help with the varied projects

For our wedding, I'd like to be somewhere in the middle.  We'll definitely hire a day-of wedding coordinator, but we'll probably also have this coordinator throughout the process leading up to the wedding as well.  With my second year of law school looming, and Todd's hectic job in sports television, we just won't realistically have enough time to plan the wedding ourselves - and the peace-of-mind and stress reduction that hiring a coordinator brings is well worth the money.

That said, I do want to add personal, handmade touches to our wedding, within my limited creative talent, of course!  And one of the things I'm going to tackle is making the ring bearer's pillow.  I found instructions for just the sort of pillow to make in Michaels Book of Wedding Crafts.  Todd and I went and picked out the cloth - beautiful, deep blue silk - as well as two lengths of gold braiding of different thickness, and some wired gold ribbon to tie the rings to the center of the pillow.  I'll keep you updated on the project!

No comments: