Friday, May 2, 2008

Bridesmaids Dresses



When mom came out to visit about a month after Todd proposed, we took a lovely trip to Marin County and on our last day, we visited Napa.  Having explored the natural beauty of Napa thoroughly, we ventured to the fabulous Napa Premium Outlets. We are a mom-and-daughter pair that definitely bonds over outlet shopping. Back when I was 13, and we moved from LA to Boston, mom and I helped ease the adjustment by shopping for new school clothes at the many outlets of Connecticut.  When we drove across country, I remember stopping at the outlets just outside of Palm Springs, where mom picked up a beautiful coach handbag for a steal!

At the Napa outlets, we decided to try on dresses at BCBG.  When I saw one of the dresses - a dark blue silk knee-length sheath dress, I knew it was the perfect bridesmaids dress for the wedding.  Not only is dark blue, or navy, a very flattering color on any body type, the slightly shiny material is just fancy enough for a wedding, and I like the short length (considering the wedding will be in Los Angeles, outdoors, in July, and it will be hot!).  Also, the dress is a style and color that seems like it will be pretty easy for members of the bridal party* to find.  I don't mind at all whether everyone wears the exact dress - but if everyone wore a dress that was 1) dark blue or navy; 2) silk or some slightly shiny material; and 3) knee length, I'd be happy as a clam.

* some of whom I haven't asked yet, but am not too stressed out about this, since the wedding's still over a year away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sending me the link! I loved going back and reading what you have been thinking so far! :)