Friday, March 6, 2009

Possibly One of the Best Days Ever!

Okay, so the last few weeks have been incredibly busy and stressful and rainy and cold.  Tomorrow, however, was fantastic.

Behold:
1) Todd's parents arrived from New Jersey for a weekend visit.
2) They brought our wedding bands for us... which are absolutely beautiful!  I could hardly bear to take mine off!
3) My (almost) final dress fitting was this afternoon - and it fit like a glove.  The bustling is lovely, and the corseting is perfect.  The only change is going to be adding in bra cups to make my Cs have a little more va-va-voom!
4) Today I FINALLY, AT LONG LAST heard from my number one choice for summer employment: the Office of the Federal Public Defender in Los Angeles.  And I received a job offer!  Now, although this will mean living in LA for the summer, and getting a car, it will also be a) a GREAT experience, which will provide me with connections for a permanent job once we move back to LA after graduation; b) a steady source of income over the summer; c) EXACTLY what I want to do as a lawyer, which is public defense!  So I'm psyched.  And although I'll miss Todd (am sure we'll see each other on multiple weekends), I'm excited to spend time with some LA friends that I miss seeing on a regular basis...

And more good things are right around the corner:

1) It's Spring Break - no school for a week!

1) Mom's coming on Tuesday for a visit!  I haven't seen her since August and I've missed her, so I'm thrilled!  We'll probably drive up to Big Sur on a two-day mini-break...

2) McGeorge Ethics trial team competition in Sacramento is in two weeks.

3) Todd and my 3 year anniversary is March 17 - St. Patrick's Day.  I feel so lucky to be in love with and loved by him.

Ah, life is good.  

And though there is much work ahead (top of my head: 20-page research paper; research assistant stuff; FINALS; last details of wedding planning, such as sending out invites; car-buying; finding a place to live for 10 weeks in LA), I'm confident I'll be able to do all of it.

At least I hope...


No comments: