Sunday, September 28, 2008

Wedding Bands - So Many Choices

Have just spent the last several hours food shopping, car washing, floor (and counter) scrubbing, vacuuming, and writing my opening statement for the NACDL competition.  We did take a short break around lunch to watch an episode of Pushing Daisies (trying to re-watch the whole first season before the second season premiere on Wednesday) and eat delicious cheese and honey mustard sammies. Mmm. 

But, thought all this industry excused a thoroughly indulgent post about all the lovely types of wedding bands I'm considering (Todd has said he just wants something simple, but I hope I can convince him to snazz his up a little...maybe with an engraving or something?).

First choice:

Tiffany & Co.'s companion wedding band to the Etoile engagment ring.  I love it!  It's a simple, classic, and does go oh-so-perfectly with my engagement ring.  To get it at Tiffany's would be about $1800; to get it at Brilliant Earth (online conflict-free diamond rings) or the famed New Jersey jeweler that operates as WeddingRingHotline.com (highly recommended by one of my wedding books, and with a great selection) would be about $1000.  So, $800 for the name.  But will the quality really be as good at another place?  What do you think?

Second and third choices:

I love the deeply engraved look of the first ring and the delicate Renaissance-y feel, and milgraining, of the second.  There are several designs that are custom-made at weddingringhotline.com, and they're so beautiful that it's difficult to determine which I'd choose!  Plus, even though the engraving's intricate, these rings don't have diamonds and as a result, they each cost about $700.

Decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

Alison said...

They are all beautiful :) I don't think you would need to pay for the actual "Tiffany" version of the wedding band that matches yours. Yellow gold is going to differ that much, and as long as you were ok with whatever the quality of the inlaid diamonds is at the other places, then I think it would be fine!

The others are super fun though :)

Suzi said...

I agree with Alison. The matching band will look gorgeous and the Tiffany name doesn't actually add much to the band itself as long as the non-name brand one is of good quality workmanship. Plus, conflict-free diamonds = Awesome.