Friday, September 19, 2008

Lovely LA Weekend - Engagement Shoot!

We met our photographer Sebastian bright and early at the Arboretum.  It was misty and overcast and I feared all of our pictures would look like a photo shoot straight out of Sleepy Hollow.  Luckily, Sebastian suggested we scout locations before actually taking any pictures and by the time we were done doing that, the fog had burned off and it was a beautiful sunny day, with wisps of clouds floating in a blue sky.

We brought two outfits - one semi-formal (me: black dress, green bow shoes, black bow headband; Todd: green polo, khakis, black shoes) and one casual (me: dark jeans, purple v-neck shirt, gray bow shoes; Todd: jeans, brown Beatles t-shirt with a black collared shirt over it, black shoes).  

Sebastian really played with locations, angles, and poses, also taking many "candids" of us as we were walking or chatting or (yes) kissing.  While we were all taking a quick break, I snapped these few photos with my own camera!
Peacock!  There were also adorable peachicks (is that the correct term for baby peacocks?) of various sizes about, all following their peahen mothers.  I think (and I saw this ashamedly) that Sebastian captured a few shots of us trying to pet them.  The peachicks weren't entirely cool with that... :-)


No comments: