Sunday, July 13, 2008

Something Old, Borrowed, AND Blue

In Grandma Bib's birthday card to me, there was a note with "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue" on a post-on, and a beautiful embroidered hankerchief with flowers and a "B" for Bibbiani (my Mom's maiden name).  

Next to "Something Borrowed," Grandma wrote "veil" for the veil Aunt Lisa has generously offered to let me borrow for the wedding.  

Next to "Something New," Grandma wrote "dress," since I'll be getting a new wedding gown. 

And the hankerchief is the perfect "Something Blue!"  

I was so touched when Grandma sent me such a special family memento to have with me on the day of our wedding...

2 comments:

Norbie K. of Las Vegas said...

The details on that heirloom handkerchief is just beautiful. I love vintage fabric and hobnail milkglass. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Sooo beautiful and so thoughtful!!