Thursday, June 18, 2009

Time to Panic

Why?

Well, according to the tracker on Martha Stewart Weddings, our Big Day is only 38 (almost 37) days away - and the reason I haven't blogged about wedding-related projects in awhile is because I haven't been doing any!

I wish I could say that my lack of industriousness is due solely to work, but if I'm honest it's due to work + copious after-work socializing + abundant pleasure reading :-).

However, in this last month before our wedding, I plan to kick it into high-gear with the following projects (and a couple of surprises for Todd, which I can mention since he *never* reads this blog, supposedly because he doesn't want to accidentally stumble on pictures of me in my wedding dress!):

1) Programs - We already have the blank templates (we just decided to go with one fold, book-sized, gold-framed ones from Michael's) so now we need to really finalize the ceremony before we can type up and print the programs
--> in order to finalize the ceremony, we need to choose one additional reading
--> ask two people to be our readers
--> submit our music requests for the string trio to Disney (they've already been approved)
--> check in with our officiant about the order she plans to do everything in

2) Menus - We already have the paper (of a nice lilac, handmade sort), and we've already created the menu template with our monograms.  Now we just need to deal with the inevitable trials and tribulations of printing two correctly formatted menus to a sheet, cutting them, and adding ribbon.

3) Hair/Makeup Trial - This will be next weekend at 3 pm.  I need to get some "inspiration photos" together to show Susie.  I really hope the trial goes well, since it is too late to find and book another person...

4) Finish Bridesmaids' project - This is top secret...and currently half-completed. Must devote a solid evening or two to working on it.

5) Top Secret Surprises for Todd --> Boudoir photos.  I was of two minds about this, but ultimately decided that it would be a fun "groom's gift" for him, in addition to a membership in D23, Disney's first official fan club, which I know he's been wanting for awhile!  The boudoir session is scheduled for next week, and I'm kind of nervous - hope it goes well!

Once all the RSVPs are in:

6) Make seating chart
7) Make placecards
8) Talk to florist about number of centerpieces, payment, and setup

In Three Days At Home Before Wedding:

8) make favors
9) make out-of-town bags
10) assemble apple placecards
11) TRY ON and PICK UP wedding dress!
12) (hopefully) get all Zen

Phew! Maybe I should try to put some deadlines on completing some of these...

Miscellaneous additional projects include:
--> making rose cones for the petal toss at the ceremony
--> practicing first dance
--> keeping on top of thank-you note writing
--> figuring out which vendors are owed what and making envelopes to pay each of them
--> reconnecting with florist, officiant/ videographer (her son), and photographer
--> making little cards with our Flickr account on them so guests can upload their photos after the wedding
--> creating a wedding day timeline
--> planning a loose itinerary for our Paris/London honeymoon!
--> getting marriage license somewhere in the OC a couple of days before the wedding
--> encouraging Todd to get moving on groomsmens' tux fittings/ groomsmens' gifts

This weekend (starting with red-eye I'm taking from LAX to Newark tomorrow night), I plan to relax, spend some much-needed time with Todd, have fun at Suzi and James' wedding, and go to a great Fathers' Day picnic.

But starting on Monday, I'm going to hit the ground running on these projects! 

1 comment:

Alison said...

I know you will get it all done! :)