Monday, June 29, 2009

Hair/Makeup Trial!

The day started off beautifully. My appointment in Susie's studio in Culver City wasn't until 3pm, so I decided to explore Venice - wandering the canals, walking up the pier, and enjoying the hustle and bustle of the boardwalk all made for a lovely morning/afternoon.  I got to the appointment early and Susie's boyfriend was there.  He told me she was running late because of a wedding in which the bride had added a bunch of people to be done at the last minute (actually, it was Miss Glitter from WeddingBee!).  So I waited for almost an hour, then Susie called again and asked whether I could reschedule to Sunday or next week.  Already had plans with Chris for Sunday, 4th of July/birthday next weekend.  So she suggested that I come back to the studio at 8:30 pm that night.  

Already a bit weary from all the morning's tramping about, I went to Westwood, had a lovely picnic, and got thoroughly embroiled in Pillars of the Earth.  Finally, it was time for my appointment!

And it went fabulously!  I had e-mailed a bunch of inspiration photos to Susie, mostly of loose, wavy updos and when Susie asked me why I chose them, I said: "because I've always wanted masses of curly hair worn down for my wedding, and it's just not in the cards."  And Susie said "Don't be silly!" And proceeded to work miracles, with my fine, straight, generally unresponsive hair.

She listened and worked with me for two and a half hours getting the hair and makeup just right, and lo and behold, there is a way to "keep a curl" in my hair!  

The lighting in the studio was rather harsh, and the lighting in my bedroom was kind of dim, but here are some photos of the trial:

Side view:
Susie did the works on my face: discreet false eyelashes, gold shimmery eyeshadow, eyebrow shaping (never had that done before!), a medium coverage foundation, bronzer, and a pink lipstick that I loved...

Full side view, showing flowers attached in the back
At home, about an hour and a half after everything had been done:

I love it!
Susie waived the entire payment for the trial since she had to move the appointment, which was a nice bonus.

Other things that have been recently crossed off the wedding to-do list:

- Todd got fitted for his tux in NJ two weekends ago (and got snazzy new shoes)!
- Bridesmaids' surprises are finished!
- Ceremony readings/ readers have been finalized!
- Large Disney payment completed!

1 comment:

Alison said...

It looks beautiful!!