Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tired.

Tomorrow is my third to last final and, truth be told, I'm kind of running out of steam.  I mean, I'm just kind of bone-tired.  But at least the two remaining finals after Criminal Procedure - Constitutional Law II and Community Property - have their virtues: one's a 24-hour take-home, and the other has a fairly circumscribed and straight-forward set of laws and precedents attached to it.

It's kind of shocking that in a little over a week, I'll be driving down to Los Angeles, and the Monday after next, will be starting my clerkship at the Federal Public Defender's.  The HR woman just sent me all the tax documents today (fun!) so it's finally beginning to seem real.

It's only ten weeks, but I know Todd and I are going to miss each other a lot.  One of the stop-gaps to that is the fact that we already know we'll be seeing each other at least a few times during that period:
- when he flies down so that a bunch of us can see the new Pixar movie Up on opening night at the El Capitan on May 29
- when we fly to south New Jersey for Suzi's wedding in late June
- potentially, when I come up to San Francisco over July 4th weekend for my law school friend Anna's wedding (and my 26th birthday)
- and my job will end on July 17th, so I'll be driving back up to help with the last minute things for our wedding and then we'll drive back down to Disneyland together on July 23

Looked at from that perspective, we're really not going to go more than three weeks at a time without seeing each other!

In wedding-related news, we stopped by the post office to weigh our complete invitation "suite" and found that it comes in just under the newly increased postage rate of 44 cents - yay for it being light!  And the post office woman showed us a beautiful (and non-pastel-entwined heart) wedding stamp: a photograph of two brilliant yellow gold rings falling together.  We'll probably be mailing the invitations around the third week in May through the first week of June, with the international invites being sent out first.  Also, Todd found out that couples can send their wedding invitation to the White House six weeks in advance, and we'll receive a signed photograph of President and Mrs. Obama -- I can't wait!

Also, following a trend recently remarked upon on WeddingBee (and bucking superstition), yesterday, I signed up for a new e-mail account, one that I won't use until after we're married of course.  I was really happy it was still available, given the popularity of my first name!  Starting after our wedding, and in accordance with my name change, I'm going to discontinue my current gmail account, and begin using this one: emily.rosenfelt@gmail.com :-) it makes me happy to know it's there, just waiting for me to settle into...

1 comment:

Alison said...

Awww yay! I made my new email MONTHS in advance :)