Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Wedding Fashions

The editors of Martha Stewart Weddings (and the MSW blog) have been attending every single wedding fashion show in NYC this spring (lucky ducks!).

Below are some of my favorites from those shows.

A beautiful classic/modern dress from Angel Sanchez:

I love the bows at the off-the-shoulder sleeves, and the way the fabric highlights a woman's curves.


At the Oscar de la Renta show:

It's so ethereal and light and romantic,  more like Claire Pettibone than de la Renta...

Two from Carolina Herrera's show:

Her theme was to have each dress be inspired by a different artist who highlighted fashion in his or her work.  I think the dresses fit the theme very well indeed!

This one is based on Degas and his paintings of ballerinas.  It's actually a pale blue, and could double as a bride's "something blue"!


This one is inspired by Georges Seurat.  I love the thin black tie at the high neck, very chaste and sexy at the same time.
I'm happy I have my own Carolina Herrera to wear on the big day.   If I had to choose an artist that could have inspired it, I'd say maybe... Van Gogh (because of all his painting of flowers, especially sunflowers) or Mary Cassatt (because of all her paintings of women in big, flowy, be-ribboned dresses)

Which artist could your dress have been inspired by?

No comments: