Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Odds and Ends

In an optimistic mood, last Saturday, Chrissie, Matt, and I headed downtown to the 1st Annual Renegade Craft Fair - held on the 13th floor of a nondescript building, and featuring crafters of all stripes (mostly in the Etsy aesthetic):


About seventeen hours later (ok, only six! but that's still a lot), we left with several great purchases (some of which are wedding-related gifts, and shall go unrevealed until then!) including these two fabulous silk flower fascinators:

They both have barrette backing.  I'm going to have Susie (hairstylist) attach the one on the left to the top of the comb that holds my veil.  The one on the right will be worn by Chrissie with her awesome navy blue J. Crew (married) maid-of-honor (because "matron-of-honor" sounds SO matronly) dress.  Best of all, they were 2 for $20, which I think was worth it.  They both have little coordinating beads sewn carefully in the center of the layers of silk - so pretty!


Next wedding-related task accomplished: Boudoir shoot, and photo album for Todd! Not as scary or embarrassing as I'd imagined (actually quite fun! and I think Todd will appreciate the gesture ;-)

(Don't worry, this is a VERY tame glimpse...)



USC blackmail pictures... now I've been caught making the "fight on" hand sign AND wearing a jersey.  But it's all for love, so it's okay :-)


We also finalized the programs (which are going to feature a Daisy Font, found for free on dafont.com!), menus, and found a leaf template to use for the placecards.

I got in touch with the few people who hadn't RSVP-ed (luckily, only like five!), and confirmed times, locations, services, and fees with the florist, officiant & videographer (wife and husband duo), photographer, and hairstylist/ makeup artist.

All in all, things are coming together quite well, but more than anything (and as much as I'm looking forward to my last few days at the FPD - they're throwing me a goodbye lunch at this awesome (!) establishment, only a stone's throw from the office: http://www.wurstkucherestaurant.com/ on Friday) I am just ready to see Todd again, at last, and for good.

No comments: