Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It's Four Days Until The Wedding...

And things are getting done! Very, very many things! With my clerkship ended, and Todd free in the mornings, we've been getting a lot of (necessary) tasks accomplished:

Exhibit 1: Bridesmaids' gifts! (contents to remain undisclosed... ;-)



Exhibit 2: Dress picked up!  This involved quite a lot of back and forth-ing.  When I first arrived at Persepolis, the alterations place, on Saturday afternoon, I was relieved to discover the dress fit like a glove.  Except Leila hadn't sewn in the cups.  Or drawn a picture of where the bustling points were.  So I said I'd be back on Tuesday.  When I arrived on Tuesday, the cups were in, but the drawing still wasn't done.  I waited patiently for her as she drew a really simple, rough sketch (it'll have to do) and then I took the dress, and left.  Only when I returned home did I realize she didn't give me back my wedding shoes or pearl necklace/earrings.  So this morning, we again drove the 35 minutes to the marina to pick those up.  I also made a quick stop at David's Bridal to get an appropriately opaque bag for the dress.  Phew!

Exhibit 3: Favors! Decidedly delicious stacks of three Ghirardelli chocolates in assorted flavors (like Vanilla Dreams and Dark Chocolate Espresso), each tied with a variety of blue and blue-patterned ribbons.

Exhibits 4 & 5: Out of town bags!  These were a labor of love.  We went to Costco on Sunday, loaded up our cart with some goodies, and then finished out what we planned to get at Target, where we found great deals on small bottles of sunscreen, tissue packs, and crystal light water bottle pouches.  The bags took a long time to assemble, but it was oddly enjoyable and relaxing just sitting on the floor surrounded by piles of brightly colored/ yummy things! I hope the bags are a good mix of practical and fun... We plan to distribute them at the rehearsal dinner :-)


Part Two coming up!

No comments: