Monday, November 9, 2009

Wedding Favorite #2: Kiss, Interrupted




It's nauseating, but even after 3 1/2 years together, Todd and I are still a very kissy couple. I'd like to say that I expect it to die off over the next few decades (at least in order to keep our friends from gagging!) but honestly, I think it's just one of the ways we communicate as a couple. Sorry, friends ;-).

During the ceremony was no different. After one part of the officiant's reading, in the first ten minutes or so of the ceremony, we just naturally and without thinking, leaned in for a quick kiss. And the officiant caught us! She told us, semi-jokingly, that we weren't allowed to kiss until the end, when we'd be married. The first photo captures our guilty sidelong glances at her after we'd been caught. Chrissie's expression is priceless! I loved that almost-kiss because to me, it showed how both of us were just so focused on each other and our love, that we forgot that everyone else existed for a second! It was such a sweet, silly moment, but it's one I'll remember always...

And the ending kiss was that much sweeter when we finally got to do it! There was even a laugh from our guests as our officiant said to Todd, "Now, you may kiss your wife!"