Friday, August 15, 2008

A Day of Dresses

First Stop: Vows Bridal, in Nonantum (a village of Newton), Mass.

We had a great experience at Vows. As the first appointment of the day, we had the store virtually to ourselves for the first forty-five minutes, which was wonderful since the selection is a bit daunting. Plus, the store allows photos! I tried on about seventeen dresses, ranging from a dreamy champagne Vera Wang with her signature berries detail (reminding me of Queen Victoria's trendsetting orange blossoms!) to a floaty, beaded Reem Acra to the Amsale below, with a nicely fitted bodice and flower-filled skirt.


There are many accessories to play with too - from sashes and bows in all different colors to tiaras, veils, and shoes! At the end of the visit to Vows, there was one dress that stood out from all the rest, which you'll see in the next post. So I paid a 10% deposit for Vows to hold the dress when we left at nearly noon, and I called this morning to confirm that I wanted it. I'm so excited!

Next stop: a nutritious and light lunch, of course. And where else but Dairy Joy, near Walden Pond on the outskirts of Concord!
Mmmm, Mom had a chocolate dipped coffee ice cream cone and I went for a dish of marble ice cream. Hope the dresses will fit for the rest of the day!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I loooove Dairy Joy and miss it so MUCH!