Monday, June 1, 2009

Runyon Canyon

I was so happy to discover this weekend that one block over from my apartment on Hillside is Fuller Ave., which dead ends at Runyon Canyon, a sprawling, hilly state park filled with hikers, joggers, dog walkers, and tourists (which I definitely looked like, hoisting my camera around).

The path I took began mildly enough, and then it hit a plateau from which one can see all of Los Angeles - from Century City to downtown LA - spread out below.  At this plateau, the path curved sharply upwards.  Here's a picture on the way up the mountain:

A Century plant in bloom, looking down at the path I'd walked on the way up:

Requisite Hollywood sign picture:

Downtown LA:
On the way back down, with the city peeking through a cleft in the hills:

I'm going to try to make it a goal to hike this path - about 45 minutes round trip, and very good exercise - at least three times a week.  It'd be a great stress reliever after work, since it doesn't get dark now 'til at least 8 pm...

No comments: